Headland Family Medicine is a patient centered medical clinic.
We believe that the more you know and are engaged in your healthcare; the better you will be at managing your health. We
will provide medical care to all our patients based on evidence based standards.
Your medical home team member includes:
A team of healthcare professionals focused on you and your health. Like the strength and
support of a family, they are there to help you. Your team may include a doctor and nurse as well as
other healthcare professionals, such as a physical therapist or pharmacist. If you want, your medical team can also include important family members or close friends.
What Headland Family Medicine will do for you:
- Understand- Your medical home team will take time to learn about you, your family and your health concerns. We will treat you as a partner in your care.
- Communicate- We’ll listen to questions and help you understand. We will discuss care options with you and help you make the best decision.
- Help- We will create a plan for your healthcare and assist with added needs, such as medical equipment and home care.
- Support- We will provide additional information and resources (If needed), such as classes or support groups, to help you learn more about your condition (s) and help you stay healthy.
What you can do for your team: Like any good relationship, your medical home team will take a while to develop. You play an important role in building that relationship.
- Be an active team player. Keep your scheduled appointments. If you cannot make it to an appointment, be sure to call to cancel and reschedule. Set goals to improve your health, and follow the plan that you and your team develop to help you reach your goals.
- Communicate with your team. Keep a list of questions and concerns to share with your team Provide honest feedback on treatments and the care you’re receiving.
- Take care of your health. Take medications as directed and follow the advice of your caregivers.
We will provide you with self-managing tools, educational literature and handouts. If you would like more information, please never hesitate to ask.
Here are just a few:
- A coordinated team approach to your care.
- Tracking of your medical history, including medications and procedures.
- Enhanced communication with your physicians.
- 24/7 availability to healthcare services from your team providers.
- Identification of medical and non-medical services needed to optimize your health.
- Respect for your personal preferences as well as religious and cultural beliefs.
- A focus on prevention and earlier identification of your health issues.
Depending on your needs, we may provide you with a referral to other healthcare providers to assist us
with your medical management, as well as behavioral health and physical health needs. We ask that you keep us informed of all providers you may see so that we can keep an accurate picture of your health.
How do you begin?
If you or a family member is interested in participating in a medical home, talk about it with your physician at your next office visit.
If you need any of your information provided to another care team member, we will be glad to assist you with that. Our staff will be more than happy to assist you in getting your information to the appropriate provider that you designate.
If you are in need of transferring records from another clinic to our clinic, please contact someone in our front office. They will be glad to assist you in completing the necessary release forms. Please
provide us with the name of your previous provider, telephone number of the clinic and if possible the address, so that we may appropriately request the records.
WE ARE NOW AVAILBALE ONLINE!!
We offer a great way to communicate with our staff, get stress free RX refills and receive lab
results and test reports. We can assist you in utilization of our portal to share your medical records with
anyone you choose.
We accept many different insurance plans at Headland Family Medicine, as well as self paying patients.
Regardless of your source of payment, we provide the same standard of care to all our patients. If you are uninsured and would like more information, please don’t hesitate to ask. We can provide you with a list of plans we accept as well as information on where you may go to gain more information on
obtaining coverage. Please visit www.healthinsurance.org for a good online insurance source.