Headland Family Medicine is dedicated to Patient-Centered Medical Care
We believe that the more you know and are engaged in your healthcare; the better you will be at managing your health. We provide medical care to all our patients based on evidence-based standards.
Like the strength and support of a family, we are there to help you. Your medical home team includes you and a team of healthcare professionals that are focused on you and your health. It can also include important family members or close friends.
What Headland Family Medicine will do for you:
- Understand- Your medical home team will take time to learn about you, your family and your health concerns. We will treat you as a partner in your care.
- Communicate- We’ll listen to questions and help you understand. We will discuss care options with you and help you make the best decision.
- Help- We will create a plan for your healthcare and assist with added needs, such as medical equipment and home care.
- Support- We will provide additional information and resources such as self-managing tools, educational literature and handouts, even classes or support groups, to help you learn more about your condition (s) and help you stay healthy.
What you can do for your team: Like any good relationship, your medical home team will take a while to develop. You play an important role in building that relationship.
- Be an active team player. Keep your scheduled appointments. If you cannot make it to an appointment, be sure to call to cancel and reschedule. Set goals to improve your health and follow the plan that you and your team develop to help you reach your goals.
- Communicate with your team. Keep a list of questions and concerns to share with your team Provide honest feedback on treatments and the care you’re receiving.
- Take care of your health. Take medications as directed and follow the advice of your caregivers.
Program Highlights of Headland Family Medicine Team Approach to Your Healthcare
Here are just a few:
- A coordinated team approach to your care.
- Tracking of your medical history, including medications and procedures.
- Enhanced communication with your physicians.
- 24/7 availability to healthcare services from your team providers.
- Identification of medical and non-medical services needed to optimize your health.
- Respect for your personal preferences as well as religious and cultural beliefs.
- A focus on prevention and earlier identification of your health issues.
Depending on your needs, we may provide you with a referral to other healthcare providers to assist us with your medical management, as well as behavioral health and physical health needs. We ask that you keep us informed of all providers you may see so that we can keep an accurate picture of your health.
If you are transferring records from another clinic to our clinic, please contact someone in our front office. They will be glad to assist you in completing the necessary release forms after scheduling a visit at our facility. When transferring records, we ask that you please provide us with the name of your previous provider, telephone number of the clinic and if possible, the address, so that we may appropriately request the records.